The act of writing is enjoyable. The act of saying is also enjoyable. The difference is I have to see people walk out on what I am saying, whereas I don't have to see them stop reading what I write. For now I want to be merciless without live judgement. I am content with cowardice.
I don’t like to shove my butt in people’s faces either. I am merciless as a response to people shoving their butts in my face. That’s how I feel about Fat Acceptance and Pride Month. And activists and rallies in general. Especially if they are for fashionable causes I find disagreeable. They are shoving their butts in my face to spite me.
Gay Acceptance and Fat Pride are spiteful movements. Acceptance from whom? The haters that will never accept you? It is foolish work to change minds by being obnoxious. Fat haters will accept the existence of the fats, disagree, and move on to live their life.
Homosexuality is a sexual preference. Though preference implies choice, for argument’s sake let's agree it is not chosen. Being proud of a choice you couldn’t make is beyond idiocy. Furthermore the people at the parade choose the most obnoxiously salacious NSFW ways to show their pride: 1) Either they are savage beasts with bizarre, public mating rituals (by definition not mating) or 2) they are acting in such a way to get a rise out of ‘bigots.’ In other words, bullying people that find this behavior off putting. In either case it is all a ridiculous show.
The Puerto Rican Day Parade fits this 'pride' category too. You can only be from one place! Of course you're going to think it's great! But if Puerto Rico is so great, move back! This is like having a Vermont Pride Parade in New Hampshire, for people that used to live in Vermont.
The Pope sees the same idiocy, but doesn’t call it that because, unlike me, he is merciful. Being merciful, forgiving those who trespass against us, is really hard to practice. The Pope views the world from a timeless perspective and speaks on behalf of Jesus. He is supposed to inspire me to do the same. I sin by tending toward the practice of being merciless.
The Pope was so merciful that he was on the cover of The Advocate in 2013. And I agree with what he says about homosexuality:
“Who am I to judge? Tendencies are not sin. If you have a tendency to anger, it’s not a sin. Now, if you are angry and hurt people, the sin is there. Sin is acting, of thought, word and deed, with freedom.”I am not one to judge. But I do. It is in my nature to judge and condemn and criticize like it is in the nature of the homosexual to find men attractive. I try not to act on my distaste, besides using my mind to reason. Reasoning can be difficult when it is fueled by feelings of...sigh....hate.
Parade homosexuals hold signs that say 'love is love' and I don't know if they meant this to mean nothing. I don't criticize their parade or their flag out of love. That is reserved for individuals I have a personal stake in.
I would criticize parade attending, propaganda spewing homosexuals with the same butt shoving hate and spite they show my beliefs: as a defense mechanism.
God's love doesn't need my hate fueled defense. Hate is the creation of flawed humans. Jesus didn't hate his torturers. "They know not what they do."
I know the error of my ways. I use my judgement and condemnation on the lives of others as a mental exercise. I should be merciful, and look to change my errors before I judge others. I am flawed too. (But I don't want to expose any more of my flaws publicly.)
This is my quiet place though. I escape here when people rub their spiteful butts in my face. I come here, I disagree, and I move on to the next thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment