For a long while I will be thinking about the events of last week, and its psychological impact on our nation, starting with me. (Expect to read them here.) While the political outcome, personally disagreeable, has been “resolved,” there is nothing more I could have done to change the outcome other than “vote.” It is what it is, but my imagination is restless…
Biases aside, once power returned to the new Old Guard, persuasion officially died. Literally: Big Tech cracked down on “conservative” voices, scattering them among the greater internet and across smaller, unknown social media platforms. There is no one left to persuade because the opposition is no longer allowed access to an alternative viewpoint. With no access to challenging or disagreeable viewpoints, this ancient intellectual sport will no longer be played. Why does the left need to play anyway? They’ve “won” the jackpot! They own everything! They don’t have to ignore what doesn’t exist.
Revelations, however, cannot be censored or ignored. A friend posted a quote from Mitt Romney and I thought, ‘but Mitt Romney is a bitch.’ Someone else wrote a post describing some politician’s “achievements” so obsequiously flattering, that to prevent myself vomiting from The Cringe I knee jerk labelled him ‘a bitch;’ its immediate relief was like taking a Midol. On my way home a homeless woman on the subway called the male officer attempting to escort her to safety ‘a bitch.’ Three times the charm; this was a supernatural message.
‘A bitch’ is the new ‘persuasive’ insult of 2021. (‘A bitch’ is more potent: just one of many similar bitches.) Leftists have been bitches for years, too touchy to play the argument game (because they always lose). So, now that they will be empowered by power and ‘punching down’ for the next four years--maintaining their privilege of making bad arguments but still being rewarded—I will be responding in the only language they speak: insults.
Faggot, a bitch, and gay are all entering my public lexicon. For spite’s sake, but also because I’ve missed using these classic schoolyard insults. They may not have been heard since middle school, but they still sting in the heat of the moment.
For the record, I was always willing to have a cautious discussion when we had political power, and I was even willing to lose with grace. Leftists and normies will not reciprocate that grace. At this point, it’s easier, and just more fun (and satisfying) to punch below the belt and call someone a bitch. Call me a 'white supremacist.' At least I'm not a fucking faggot. (If I speak their language they might listen.)
Our world changes drastically every year now. I’m joyful to see what God has in store for us in 2022.
Hahahahahahaa
ReplyDelete